Friday, April 29, 2005

 

Goodbye Labour

I started this blog as a sceptical Labour voter. I distrusted Tory Tony, but was prepared to give the party the benefit of the doubt, as I believed they had my values.

As a lapsed Labour member I have waited for the Labour Party to contact me asking for my vote. And waited. And Waited. I am not alone in this.

No letter. No phone call. No car sticker. No neighbours trying to pesuade me to rejoin the party (not that I would, after Iraq!). No requests to put a poster in my garden.

Last week I met Angus MacNeil for the first time.

I've never voted SNP before, but at least Angus had an interest in what I was saying and shared many of my beliefs.

Last night was the last straw.

Labour lied about Iraq. They tried to cover up, and - sin of sins - did it badly. They've been caught out, and instead of apologising and being honest, they've tried to brazen it out and tried to cover up the cover up. I'm disgusted that they have sunk to this level, and they have now lost my vote. Forever.

I could never trust Labour again, and I'm going to do what I can to remove them, and that means voting SNP, and persuading all my firends to do the same.

Calum, you've blown it big time.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?